    SubjectRe: 2.6.16-mm1 leaks in dvb playback (found)
    From
    What I thought was just one patch was actually two and it was the
    other patch causing the problem - "Do not lose accepted socket when
    -ENFILE/-EMFILE".

    Most of the patch seems to be just a restructuring - I guess that
    leaves the sys_accept changes that are leaking the memory.

    I've no idea how the code is supposed to work, so large rocks of salt
    required :-) The code now does a sock_alloc_fd, and the error cases
    now do a "put_filp" and "put_unused_fd" if the alloc succeeded.
    However in the normal case, nothing gets freed (I guess that's the
    memory leak). OTOH the description of the patch is:

    "Try to allocate the struct file and an unused file
    descriptor before we try to pull a newly accepted
    socket out of the protocol layer."

    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=39d8c1b6fbaeb8d6adec4a8c08365cc9eaca6ae4

    Cheers,

    Adrian

      Last update: 2006-03-31 01:01    [W:4.238 / U:0.692 seconds]