    SubjectRe: [rfc] fix Kconfig, hotplug_cpu is needed for swsusp
    Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> writes:

    > Something which remains to be beaten into my head: *why* does HOTPLUG_CPU
    > require flat pyhsical mode? What necessitated that change, and cannot we
    > make it work OK in logical mode as well as flat mode?

    Good question.

    There is a window after a cpu starts and before we initialize it that
    we must be very careful and not deliver it any interrupts because
    we don't know what the cpu will do.

    Which means in the presence of cpu hotplug we can never use broadcast
    interrupts.

    I don't know how the that disallows logical mode though.

    Eric

      Last update: 2006-03-30 15:08    [W:0.024 / U:148.244 seconds]