    SubjectRe: [RFC] Virtualization steps
    Dave Hansen <> writes:

    > On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 12:51 +0400, Kirill Korotaev wrote:
    >> Eric, we have a GIT repo on already:
    > Git is great for getting patches and lots of updates out, but I'm not
    > sure it is idea for what we're trying to do. We'll need things reviewed
    > at each step, especially because we're going to be touching so much
    > common code.
    > I'd guess set of quilt (or patch-utils) patches is probably best,
    > especially if we're trying to get stuff into -mm first.

    Git is as good at holding patches as quilt. It isn't quite as
    good at working with them as quilt but in the long term that is

    The important point is that we get a collection of patches that
    we can all agree to, and that we publish it.

    At this point it sounds like each group will happily publish the
    patches, and that might not be a bad double check, on agreement.

    Then we have someone send them to Andrew. Or we have a quilt or
    a git tree that Andrew knows he can pull from.

    But we do need lots of review so distribution to Andrew and the other
    kernel developers as plain patches appears to be the healthy choice.
    I'm going to go bury my head in the sand and finish my OLS paper now.

      Last update: 2006-03-29 22:52    [W:0.019 / U:27.472 seconds]