    SubjectRe: [RFC] Virtualization steps
    Quoting Kirill Korotaev (dev@sw.ru):
    > >>so IMHO, we should make a kernel branch (Eric or Sam
    > >>are probably willing to maintain that), which we keep
    > >>in-sync with mainline (not necessarily git, but at
    > >>least snapshot wise), where we put all the patches
    > >>we agree on, and each party should then adjust the
    > >>existing solution to this kernel, so we get some deep
    > >>testing in the process, and everybody can see if it
    > >>'works' for him or not ...
    > >
    > >ACK. A collection of patches that we can all agree
    > >on sounds like something worth aiming for.
    > >
    > >It looks like Kirill last round of patches can form
    > >a nucleus for that. So far I have seem plenty of technical
    > >objects but no objections to the general direction.
    > yup, I will fix everything and will come with a set of patches for IPC,
    > so we could select which way is better to do it :)
    >
    > >So agreement appears possible.
    > Nice to hear this!
    >
    > Eric, we have a GIT repo on openvz.org already:
    > http://git.openvz.org
    >
    > we will create a separate branch also called -acked, where patches
    > agreed upon will go.

    That's ok by me. If a more neutral name/site were preferred, we could
    use the sf.net set we had finally gotten around to setting up -
    www.sf.net/projects/lxc (LinuX Containers). Unfortunately that would
    likely be just a quilt patch repository.

    A wiki + git repository would be ideal.

    -serge

      Last update: 2006-03-28 14:56    [W:0.028 / U:88.220 seconds]