    SubjectRe: [RFC] Virtualization steps
    Herbert Poetzl wrote:

    > well, that largely depends on the 'use' ...
    > I don't think that vps providers like lycos would be
    > very happy if they had to multiply the ammount of
    > machines they require by 10 or 20 :)
    > and yes, running 100 and more Linux-VServers on a
    > single machine _is_ realistic ...

    And if it is intrusive to the core kernel, then as always we have
    to try to evaluate the question "is it worth it"? How many people
    want it and what alternatives do they have (eg. maintaining
    seperate patches, using another approach), what are the costs,
    complexities, to other users and developers etc.

    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2006-03-28 13:20    [W:0.019 / U:3.272 seconds]