    I'm seeing a boot hang in the latest -rt series (from -rt7 to current
    - -rt10), on an Athlon64x2 (3800+). The kernel loads and boots up to
    calibrate_migration_costs then hangs. I'd give some console output,
    except that in their infinite wisdom, Gateway decided that this system
    didn't need a serial port. Gah...

    I've prink'ed my way down into where measure_one tries to migrate a
    thread from cpu0 to cpu1 and calls set_cpus_allowed, where it then
    tries to wake the migration thread by calling wake_up_process, which
    just calls try_to_wake_up. Strangely, I see multiple printks from
    try_to_wake_up (like it's running multiple times) and the last print I
    see is that I'm returning a 1 from wake_up_process. Nothing after that.

    I'd really like to see the boot messages before all those printk's
    I've scattered in sched.c, so I'm investigating using the parallel
    port as a console and just spewing that output into an xterm on the
    other end. Never done it before so I'm bumping my head against the
    wall a bit. Any advice would be appreciated.

    Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2006-03-28 23:41    [W:0.021 / U:2.424 seconds]