    SubjectRe: [Devel] Re: [RFC] Virtualization steps
    Matt Ayres <> writes:

    > I think the Xen guys would disagree with you on this. Xen claims <3% overhead
    > on the XenSource site.
    > Where did you get these figures from? What Xen version did you test? What was
    > your configuration? Did you have kernel debugging enabled? You can't just post
    > numbers without the data to back it up, especially when it conflicts greatly
    > with the Xen developers statements. AFAIK Xen is well on it's way to inclusion
    > into the mainstream kernel.

    It doesn't matter. The proof that Xen has more overhead is trivial
    Xen does more, and Xen clients don't share resources well.

    Nor is this about Xen vs what we are doing. These are different
    non conflicting approaches that operating in completely different
    ways and solve a different set of problems.

    Xen is about multiple kernels.

    The alternative is a supped of chroot.

      Last update: 2006-03-28 18:47    [W:0.048 / U:105.016 seconds]