SubjectNeed help reporting bug, no 3D accel with Matrox g400
I need help reporting a bug.

It appears that some later kernel versions
do not support 3D acceleration in some cases.
I'm getting this problem with Debain etch and Ubuntu
Dapper. I first thought it was a problem caused by
switching to xorg but Ubuntu 5.10 is fine and it uses

The 3D acceleration doesn't work with xorg using the
mga driver for a Matrox g400.
My test case is ppracer which runs dreadfully slow.
This is a Debian etch machine with Debian's
2.6.15-1-k7 kernel.

This is what I have found so far.

Re: No direct rendering with recent kernels[mga]

DRM for MGA broken since 2005-Aug-04.

The 3D acceleration for mga appears to still be

Where and how may I respectfully plead for this to be

Do You Yahoo!?