    SubjectNeed help reporting bug, no 3D accel with Matrox g400
    I need help reporting a bug.

    It appears that some later kernel versions
    do not support 3D acceleration in some cases.
    I'm getting this problem with Debain etch and Ubuntu
    Dapper. I first thought it was a problem caused by
    switching to xorg but Ubuntu 5.10 is fine and it uses

    The 3D acceleration doesn't work with xorg using the
    mga driver for a Matrox g400.
    My test case is ppracer which runs dreadfully slow.

    This is a Debian etch machine with Debian's
    2.6.15-1-k7 kernel.

    This is what I have found so far.

    Re: No direct rendering with recent kernels[mga]

    DRM for MGA broken since 2005-Aug-04.

    The 3D acceleration for mga appears to still be

    Where and how may I respectfully plead for this to be

    Do You Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2006-03-28 17:15    [W:0.020 / U:56.640 seconds]