Subject[GIT] overall system responsiveness / ALSA partly broken
OK,

since the recent big checkout on Friday today was the first day the machine has
some heavy load (gcc, beep-media-player, 2 Mozilla instances wiht many tabs open,
...) and the system performs very bad. './configure' seems to take forever, the
average system load is about 10.2 all the time. But I do the same tasks as I do
every day. Moreover, ALSA doesn't play tracks from beep-media-player
continuouosly. I, however, don't know if it's related to the high system load or
if ALSA is broken. The problem is not reproducible. But sound keeps disturbed
from time to time (no sound, not a noise or something - just like a pause
button). The logs state nothing...

If you need any more info, please ask.

Marc

  Last update: 2006-03-27 11:41    [W:0.055 / U:0.188 seconds]