    SubjectRe: 2.6.16-mm1
    I hadn't noticed immediately in the ooops, but it is something to do
    with the Hardware Abstraction Layer Daemon from http://freedesktop.org/Software/hal
    I can't reproduce it without that daemon loaded either. I wonder if the
    last accessed sysfs file mentioned in the oops (sda/size) is relevent
    also.

    My exact steps (with hald loaded) are:
    plug in ipod
    mount /mnt/ipod
    unzip -d /mnt/ipod rockbox.zip
    eject /dev/sda
    unplug ipod
    immediately here, the oops prints.

    Interestingly after this happens, the system remains at a pretty high
    level of functioning, and further mounts and unmounts and ejects of the
    ipod do not cause another oops.

    On Thu, 03/23/06 at 18:58:10 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Brandon Low <lostlogic@lostlogicx.com> wrote:

    > > > OK, thanks. There have been some recent changes affecting iosched context
    > > > lifetime management, which might be causing this.
    > > >
    > > > If you have time, it'd be useful if you could retest with
    > > > ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/snapshots/patch-2.6.16-git6.gz -
    > > > that'll tell us whether it's that code or if it's something which is only
    > > > in -mm.
    > >
    > > Unable to reproduce with identical steps on git6.
    >
    > ok..
    >
    > I tried various combinations of plugging, mounting, unmounting and
    > unplugging a USB memory stick. No problems.
    >
    > Can you prepare a step-by-step guide to making this happen?
    >
    > Thanks.

      Last update: 2006-03-24 04:23    [W:0.028 / U:0.020 seconds]