SubjectRe: [ck] swap prefetching merge plans
Date
Op donderdag 23 maart 2006 08:04, schreef Con Kolivas:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 03:53 pm, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > A look at the -mm lineup for 2.6.17:
> >
> > mm-implement-swap-prefetching.patch
> > mm-implement-swap-prefetching-fix.patch
> > mm-implement-swap-prefetching-tweaks.patch
> >
> > Still don't have a compelling argument for this, IMO.

well, the reason i use it is my computer is much more reactive in the morning.
linux uses to get very slow after a night of not-doing-much except some
'sleep 5h && blabla' and cron stuff. in the morning it takes a few HOURS to
get up and running smoothly. with swap prefetch, it actually feels faster
compared to a fresh boot. now you can force swap prefetch to start working, i
use it now and then after some heavy taskts which pulled everything to swap.