    SubjectRe: TSO and IPoIB performance degradation
    On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 02:04:07PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
    > does not stretch ACKs anymore. RFC 2581 does mention that it might be OK to
    > stretch ACKs "after careful consideration", and we are seeing that it helps
    > IP over InfiniBand, so recent Linux kernels perform worse in that respect.
    >
    > And since there does not seem to be a way to figure it out automagically when
    > doing this is a good idea, I proposed adding some kind of knob that will let the
    > user apply the consideration for us.

    Wouldn't it make sense to strech the ACK when the previous ACK is still in
    the TX queue of the device? I know that sort of behaviour was always an
    issue on modem links where you don't want to send out redundant ACKs.

    -ben
    --
    "Time is of no importance, Mr. President, only life is important."
    Don't Email: <dont@kvack.org>.