SubjectRe: TSO and IPoIB performance degradation
On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 02:04:07PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> does not stretch ACKs anymore. RFC 2581 does mention that it might be OK to
> stretch ACKs "after careful consideration", and we are seeing that it helps
> IP over InfiniBand, so recent Linux kernels perform worse in that respect.
>
> And since there does not seem to be a way to figure it out automagically when
> doing this is a good idea, I proposed adding some kind of knob that will let the
> user apply the consideration for us.

Wouldn't it make sense to strech the ACK when the previous ACK is still in
the TX queue of the device? I know that sort of behaviour was always an
issue on modem links where you don't want to send out redundant ACKs.

-ben
--
"Time is of no importance, Mr. President, only life is important."
Don't Email: <dont@kvack.org>.