    Subject[patch 0/2] sys_setitimer and sys_alarm hotfixes (take #2)
    Andrew,

    The hrtimer merge breaks sys_alarm() with a timeout value > INT_MAX
    due to a unsigned to signed conversion. Timeout values > INT_MAX are
    legitimate usage of alarm(), so this has to be corrected.

    Due to a missing validation check of the userspace itimer values non
    canonical timespecs can be provided to the setitimer code. While the
    pre 2.6.16 code converted negative timevals to a long timeout
    (depending on HZ) the hrtimer code treats them as expired. Also on
    32 bit machines non normalized timevals might cause random behaviour
    of the optimized ktime_t operations. Due to the historical behaviour
    we can not suddenly return -EINVAL in such cases, but we have to
    fixup the values to avoid random behaviour.

    tglx