    SubjectRe: OOPS: 2.6.16-rc6 cpufreq_conservative
    On Saturday 18 March 2006 19:53, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > I might stick a once-off WARN_ON() in there so someone gets in
    > and works out why we keep on having to graft mysterious null-pointer
    > avoidances into cpufreq.
    cpufreq_conservative should be marked broken on SMP - I have used it on UP
    boxes without trouble but I can't even safely modprobe it on SMP - it nearly
    ate my filesystem.

    And there seem to be multiple different problems with it - I get different
    oopses depending upon whether or not I have loaded it before or after the
    ondemand module. Weird enough - cpufreq_conservative shares much of it's
    code with cpufreq_ondemand, which works without any problem.

    Let me know if anyone has objection to marking cpufreq_conservative
    depends !SMP - I am planning to submit a patch soon.

      Last update: 2006-03-19 07:39    [W:0.018 / U:59.916 seconds]