    SubjectRe: Idea: Automatic binary driver compiling system
    Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > there are over a thousand open source drivers, and at most a handful
    > binary ones. Please go do your math.
    You're doing the wrong comparison. How many drivers are missing or
    lacking in ability? And if you add to your handful of binary drivers
    those thousands that exist for xp...
    well, numbers do change. Also, most open source drivers aren't made by
    the vendors themselves.

    We're doing subjective math here. It doesn't change the fact that Linux
    would be better off with improved hardware support, right?

    / Benjamin

      Last update: 2006-03-18 16:55    [W:0.021 / U:15.716 seconds]