Subject2.6.15.6 not finding everything on a Supermicro H8QC8 Quad Opteron 8132/nforce2200
Date
Hello,

I am doing some testing on a Supermico H8QC8 Quad Opteron.

The distribution is SLES 9 SP2, and the SLES kernel
appears to find everything and works, compiling
the kernel.org 2.6.15.6 it fails to find anything
on the AMD 8132 part of the chipset, it does not even appear
to find the AMD 8132.

This motherboards can be found at:

http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron/nForce/H8QC8.cfm

According to the block diagram the 8132 is tied off of
CPU#2, and the nforce 2200 is tied off of cpu#1.

I will be sending the .config/dmesg/lspci and such if necessary,
right now the machine is offline, I have a feeling though that
the problem is a lot more basic since lspci indicates that it did
not find anything attached to the second cpu except memory. I
did verify that the kernel.org kernel sees 4 cpus, and of the
installed ram.

Does 2.6.16rcx have changes that could address this issue? Or is
there something that I could be missing in the config (the config
was copied from the original suse config + make oldconfig) or
is there some kernel boot option that could help?

Roger

  Last update: 2006-03-17 21:27    [W:0.027 / U:0.368 seconds]