    SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.16-rc6
    clearly there's some small risk factor and youLinus Torvalds wrote:
    > Ok, we're getting closer, although the 2.6.16 release certainly seems to
    > drag out more than it should have.
    > Some of the worrisome bootup problems seem to have been resolved to a
    > stupid build-time race, where we just generated an empty version string.
    > Oops.
    > The diffstat shows that the largest changes here are the ia64 defconfig
    > updates, much of the rest really is pretty small, but all over the map.
    > Some ocfs2 and 9pfs fixes and updates, and various driver and networking
    > fixes.
    > The ShortLog (appended) gives a pretty good picture of it,
    > Linus

    I don't see the bttv fix from Duncan Sands. I realize that similar
    mistakes are in other drivers, but bttv is popular and would benefit
    from getting a fix which works, and several posters have confirmed that
    it really does.

    -bill davidsen (

      Last update: 2006-03-16 23:48    [W:0.019 / U:30.808 seconds]