SubjectRe: New libata PATA patch for 2.6.16-rc1
Date
Am Montag März 13 2006 23:31 schrieb Prakash Punnoor:
> Hi,
>
> I tried your ide1 patch with 2.6.16-rc6 and NFORCE2 board, thus using the
> AMD driver (and sil sata driver).

[...]

> I will see how the DVD+RW drive behaves and let you know whether it makes
> troubles. :-)

Ok, I am having some troubles burning CDs/DVDs. I am using k3b as front-end
and it has troubles to detect the type of disc inserted. If you eg insert a
cd-rw the dialog changes the detected medium around (about each second):
cd-rom, cd-rw, etc. Same with DVD+R. It detects DVD+R, waiting a second, than
appendable DVD+R etc. But then it thinks it is a RW so it wants to
blank/format/whatever it and this breaks, ie. I can't start the burning. It
worked fine with a DVD+RW though. And ignoring the message and blanking in
menu, I could also write a cd-rw.

I am not sure what is causing the problem. Could dbus/hal be also trouble
makers? I don't know whether k3b is making something stupid, as well. Last
time I tried I had no problem with the ide driver though. So I don't know
whether ATAPI support in libata still needs polishing or whether Alan's PATA
patch is missing something or whatever...

What infos should I provide to make diagnosis easier?
--
(°= =°)
//\ Prakash Punnoor /\\

  Last update: 2006-03-15 11:58    [W:0.383 / U:0.796 seconds]