    SubjectRe: Which kernel is the best for a small linux system?
    Date
    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:21:32 +0000, Russell King <rmk+lkml@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

    >On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 09:03:39PM +1100, Grant Coady wrote:
    >> By stable I mean rate of change of codebase, patch volume per month,
    >> 2.6 is orders of magnitude less stable than 2.4 by that simple measure.
    >
    >That is no measure of stability.

    You're welcome to your opinion.

    >If, say, I merge a large patch in order to support ARM SMP and Linus
    >takes that, let's say for the sake of argument that's a 10MB diff.
    >It doesn't touch anything other than files which are solely built or
    >used for the ARM architecture.

    So what? You're not one of the people here beholden to pushing a
    distro's agenda for mainstream x86 windoze wannabe desktops.

    >So, by your very comment above, if all the updates to non-x86
    >architectures were prevented from happening in mainline, you'd have
    >a much more stable kernel.

    Not at all, you choose whatever interpretation suits your world view.

    >(Please do _not_ cc or reply directly to me in this thread - I'll
    >read replies from the mailing list, thanks.)

    Get real

    Grant.

      Last update: 2006-03-15 01:52    [W:0.020 / U:31.172 seconds]