SubjectRe: HP CDRW CD4E hasn't worked since 2.6.11
Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 02:25:39PM +1100, Peter Chubb wrote:
>> Hi Greg,
>> The changes to the usb/storage/shuttle_usbat.c to accomodate
>> flash drives appears to have broken CD R/W support.
>>
>> Sorry it took me so long to report this; I don't use this particular
>> device very often.
>>
>> Compiling with verbose debug shows that the IDENTIFY_PACKET_DEVICE
>> command is failing, so the device is mis-identified as a flash drive.
>>
>> I went to the start of the Git history in Linus's tree; 2.6.12 also
>> fails.

I think it may have worked for you on-and-off in the middle of those
changes. It's been a nightmare trying to get both device types
identified correctly.

>> I tried to force the detection, to see if I could get past that point,
>> but there are still problems -- see the attached logs -- the device is
>> recognised as a scsi disk not cdrom.

Can you detail your changes? I'm not convinced by this, because I have
been careful not to change any HP8200-specific code (except the
detection), and also, I don't think it is possible for the device to
appear as a disk if the HP8200 codepath is being followed.

There was one other report of this but my emails to that reporter were
bouncing so I left this in my todo mailbox.

Daniel

  Last update: 2006-03-15 00:05    [W:0.038 / U:1.136 seconds]