    SubjectRe: [ck] Re: Faster resuming of suspend technology.
    On Monday 13 March 2006 21:06, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > On Ne 12-03-06 22:32:28, Andreas Mohr wrote:
    > > And... well... this sounds to me exactly like a prime task
    > > for the newish swap prefetch work, no need for any other
    > > special solutions here, I think.
    > > We probably want a new flag for swap prefetch to let it know
    > > that we just resumed from software suspend and thus need
    > > prefetching to happen *much* faster than under normal
    > > conditions for a short while, though (most likely by
    > > enabling prefetching on a *non-idle* system for a minute).
    > Yep, that would be nice. We are actually able to save up-to half of
    > pagecache, so situation is not as bad as it used to be.

    I would be happy to extend swap prefetch's capabilities to improve resume. It
    wouldn't be too hard to add a special post_resume_swap_prefetch() which
    aggressively prefetches for a while. Excuse my ignorance, though, as I know
    little about swsusp. Are there pages still on swap space after a resume

      Last update: 2006-03-13 11:38    [W:0.020 / U:5.872 seconds]