SubjectRe: [future of drivers?] a proposal for binary drivers.
On 3/8/06, Anshuman Gholap <anshu.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was speaking of all this, cause i am tired to everyone peskering me,
> arguing with me how linux cannot work with my "insert new hardware" ,
> I have to google stuff out and hand-hold them to get it working, this
> was cool to do some years ago, when i didnt bother to work full time
> and felt good helping others, now that feel good factor has ran out,
> and i get more annoyed than anything else. I dont think i can explain
> why did i post this. maybe someone somewhere will get it.

It strikes me that this thread isn't really about binary-only drivers
and that whole ugly discussion. What it's really about is getting
third party drivers to work with Linux more easily. That conversation
does involve the "out of tree vs. upstream" question, but mention of
binary-only drivers actually only serves to cloud the real issue here.

Jon.

  Last update: 2006-03-14 04:05    [W:0.340 / U:0.096 seconds]