    SubjectRe: Problem with a CD
    On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 09:53:30PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

    > >Since this is a video cd, the files associated with the stream cannot
    > >be accessed by mounting the medium.
    > It's because the video data is outside the iso9660 fs, is not it?
    > >The filesystem of VCD is not a
    > >normal filesystem, so you have to rip the video stream by using a tool
    > >like vcdxrip.

    Ah, ok. Sorry for the noise. I had never seen a VCD before. I just tried
    to do
    xine vcd://
    one one of the computers and it worked perfectly.

    However, under windows, what I did was simply to open the disc in the
    explorer, look at the files, right-click on the largest file to open it
    with windows media player, or drag and drop it to copy it on the hard
    drive, without any special tool.

    I find it a bit deceptive that linux lets me mount the filesystem but not
    access the files. It would be actually better, I feel, if mount
    would refuse to work on a vcd and display some informative failure
    message rather than mount an unreadable filesystem...

      Last update: 2006-03-13 09:32    [W:0.021 / U:1.624 seconds]