    SubjectRe: [future of drivers?] a proposal for binary drivers.
    On 3/10/06, Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> wrote:

    > Strongly following this attitude they need to expand the current
    > MODULE_LICENSE insanity into userspace. The are lots of evil powers,
    > using non-GPL-ed software which calls the holy GPLed syscall handlers.
    >
    > Honestly, using double standards this way sucks. The last strike I
    > stubled over was putting class device registration methods into the GPL
    > "enforcing" macros, cloacked as mandatory interface changes.
    >
    > This is no longer funny, it is on the same level as drawing a line
    > around the toilet box and saying: you cannot use it any longer, go and
    > piss somewhere else even if you have to search two hours for a suitable
    > place.

    I'm not sure how the analogy of a toilet fits either the linux kernel
    or the idea that I'm somehow obligated to work without compensation so
    some corporation can make a profit I get no share in.

    Dave

      Last update: 2006-03-12 04:59    [W:0.021 / U:0.904 seconds]