    SubjectRe: [Ocfs2-devel] Ocfs2 performance
    Please don't drop the ocfs2-devel Cc:  I'm bouncing this there.

    On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 02:14:08AM +0100, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
    > Mark Fasheh <mark.fasheh@oracle.com> wrote:
    > > Your hash sizes are still ridiculously large.
    >
    > How long are those entries in the buckets kept? I mean if I untar a tree the
    > files are only locked while extracted, afterwards they are owner-less... (I
    > must admint I dont understand ocfs2 very deeply, but maybe explaining why so
    > many active locks need to be cached might help to find an optimized way.
    >
    > > By the way, an interesting thing happened when I recently switched disk
    > > arrays - the fluctuations in untar times disappeared. The new array is much
    > > nicer, while the old one was basically Just A Bunch Of Disks. Also, sync
    > > times dropped dramatically.
    >
    > Writeback Cache?
    >
    > Gruss
    > Bernd
    > -

    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember, it didn't
    help the rabbit."
    - R. E. Shay

    Joel Becker
    Principal Software Developer
    Oracle
    E-mail: joel.becker@oracle.com
    Phone: (650) 506-8127

      Last update: 2006-03-10 08:13    [W:0.022 / U:0.076 seconds]