SubjectRe: [RFC] vfs: cleanup of permission()
> On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 06:26 +0100, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> Hi Andrew! Christoph! Al!
>
> after thinking some time about the oracle words
> (sent in reply to previous BME submissions) we
> (Sam and I) came to the conclusion that it would
> be a good idea to remove the nameidata introduced
> in September 2003 from the inode permission()
> checks, so that vfs_permission() can take care
> of them ...

Could you please provide a link to that 'previous BME submissions'?
Thanks.

Also, since you are modifying LSM interfaces, why not discuss it on the
LSM mailing list?

And finally, please don't remove nameidata. Modules out there depend on it
and we at Sophos are about to release a new product which needs it as
well. The plan was to announce the whole thing parallel with the release,
but after spotting your post I was prompted to react ahead of the
schedule. However, I am very busy at the moment so the actual announcment
with full details will have to wait for a week or two.

  Last update: 2006-03-01 13:30    [W:0.111 / U:0.172 seconds]