    SubjectRe: Which is simpler? (Was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.)
    Hi!

    > > Please do not patch kernel for that.
    > >
    > > Proper solution is probably creating s2disk program/script, and teach
    > > kpowersave/klaptop/etc. to just use it. Then s2disk can detect best
    > > method to use ... and then just do it. You already have suitable
    > > script, but I'm not sure what its name is.
    >
    > It occured to me as soon as I sent the last email (don't you hate that!)
    > that I'd forgotten the original impetus: backwards compatibility. If all
    > of the methods of suspending can be started with
    >
    > "echo disk > /sys/power/state"
    >
    > , your backwards compatability issue that you expressed concern about
    > earlier in this discussion is addressed. So, I'm not sure that dropping the
    > idea is the right thing to do.

    Yes, it probably is. echo > /sys/*/state needs to work for a while,
    but we should really move everyone into running single command. Your
    hibernate script probably good start. (I'd call it hibernate, not
    hibernate.sh, so it does not *have* to be implemented in shell).
    Pavel
    --
    Web maintainer for suspend.sf.net (www.sf.net/projects/suspend) wanted...