SubjectRe: Which is simpler? (Was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.)

> > Please do not patch kernel for that.
> >
> > Proper solution is probably creating s2disk program/script, and teach
> > kpowersave/klaptop/etc. to just use it. Then s2disk can detect best
> > method to use ... and then just do it. You already have suitable
> > script, but I'm not sure what its name is.
> It occured to me as soon as I sent the last email (don't you hate that!)
> that I'd forgotten the original impetus: backwards compatibility. If all
> of the methods of suspending can be started with
> "echo disk > /sys/power/state"
> , your backwards compatability issue that you expressed concern about
> earlier in this discussion is addressed. So, I'm not sure that dropping the
> idea is the right thing to do.

Yes, it probably is. echo > /sys/*/state needs to work for a while,
but we should really move everyone into running single command. Your
hibernate script probably good start. (I'd call it hibernate, not, so it does not *have* to be implemented in shell).
Web maintainer for ( wanted...