    SubjectRe: CD writing - related question
    On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Xavier Bestel wrote:

    > On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 10:22, Matt Keenan wrote:
    > > Is there a document that clearly lists how these components (SCSI,
    > > SG_IO, ATA/PI etc et al) connect together and what protocol / transports
    > > they use? I suspect the problem with all these current arguments is that
    > > very few people understand how this all works / connects.
    > Maybe people that don't understand how all these components are tied
    > together should refrain from arguing about them ?

    Don't mislead yourself into thinking that "don't understand why anyone
    would do it this way" implies "don't understand how it works."

    This is mostly a discussion of keeping the kernel simple and letting the
    applications cope with the constantly changing interfaces vs. keeping the
    application interface constant (or at least not breaking things which did
    work) and having the kernel more complex.

    bill davidsen <>
    CTO TMR Associates, Inc
    Doing interesting things with little computers since 1979

      Last update: 2006-02-07 14:50    [W:0.024 / U:34.980 seconds]