SubjectRe: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) (was: Rationale for RLIMIT_MEMLOCK?)
Peter Read <> wrote:

> I'm confused about where software has inherited a sense of morality from?
> Equally, as I can't see any restriction of the GPL in that link I
> don't get the reference. What it's essentially saying to me is 'if
> you don't want it under the GPL licence terms, talk to the copyright
> holder(s) or their authorised representative about alternatives'.

Please read again carefully. It says that it is not allowed to be shipped
together with commercial software unless the publisher did pay money.

-- (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin (uni) (work) Blog: