SubjectRe: quality control
Kyle Moffett <mrmacman_g4@mac.com> writes:

> It's a GIT version of an RC patch for grief's sake! You don't
> seriously expect people to quadruple-check every trivial patch that
> goes into Linus GIT tree before sending it, do you?

No quadruple check, but every patch going to Linus should get at least
some basic testing and it's definitely suppose to compile at least
in one .config combination.

> The whole point
> of the RC is to indicate that only smaller patches should be applied
> (and this one was for the most part) so that we can do some kind of
> global-kernel QC.

global kernel QA doesn't replace individual patch QA. Black box
testing is no replacement for targetted tests.

-Andi

  Last update: 2006-02-06 12:12    [W:0.057 / U:0.192 seconds]