    SubjectRe: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.
    Matthew Garrett <> wrote:
    > (By and large, the biggest problem is repeated kernel regressions that
    > hit suspend in bizarre ways. This doesn't get picked up on quickly
    > because almost nobody is using this code, because "everyone knows" it
    > doesn't work. Except it /does/. What we need is for distributions to
    > actually work together on this, rather than everyone trying to fix the
    > same problems independently, each coming up with different solutions and
    > the world generally being a miserable place)

    Is it still the case that swsusp requries that the disk drivers be
    statically linked into vmlinux?

    If so, I'd have thought that this was quite a problem for distros,
    although I have a vague feeling that RH worked around it in some manner.

      Last update: 2006-02-03 11:26    [W:0.020 / U:26.284 seconds]