SubjectRe: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.
Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> (By and large, the biggest problem is repeated kernel regressions that
> hit suspend in bizarre ways. This doesn't get picked up on quickly
> because almost nobody is using this code, because "everyone knows" it
> doesn't work. Except it /does/. What we need is for distributions to
> actually work together on this, rather than everyone trying to fix the
> same problems independently, each coming up with different solutions and
> the world generally being a miserable place)

Is it still the case that swsusp requries that the disk drivers be
statically linked into vmlinux?

If so, I'd have thought that this was quite a problem for distros,
although I have a vague feeling that RH worked around it in some manner.

  Last update: 2006-02-03 11:26    [W:0.920 / U:0.904 seconds]