SubjectRe: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.
On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 00:55 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:

> The weird reasons were stated few times already. My favourite weird
> reason is "can be done in userspace" these days.

OK, let me give you the user perspective again:

- can I use vanilla kernel suspend support now: NO
- can I use suspend2 suspend support now: YES
- would I like things to improve even more: YES

I don't know why we have to wait a year to have decent suspend support.
By developing uswsusp, you are pretty much agreeing with me - current
kernel stuff isn't working to your (or mine) satisfaction. Now, I know
uswsusp is going to be better than sliced bread, but wouldn't it be nice
if more people could actually use their notebooks properly in the
meantime?

--
Bojan