    SubjectRe: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.
    On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 12:54 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > Well, unfortunately this is one of the problems I cannot solve. This should
    > really be reported to LKML as the ATI AGP driver problem or directly to the
    > developers of this particular driver. I can submit a bug report based on
    > the inormation from you, though.
    > [swsusp uses whatever is in the drivers, so driver problems need to be
    > fixed by their developers.]

    This is exactly the point that I'm trying to make (and Nigel hinted
    something along these lines). These problems have obviously been solved
    in suspend2 (and I've got a machine to show it). Solutions are right
    there. But for some reason, we are back to the drawing board.

    I suggest you guys ask Nigel as to what he changed to make this work. I
    don't think he just put the code there at random.

    Look, I know I'm going to get blamed here for all kinds of things, from
    starting a flame war to being incompetent because I'm not a kernel
    hacker. That's cool. All I know is that somehow, somewhere, there are
    chunks of code in suspend2 that make things work. If I didn't know
    better, I would say it must be by magic :-)

      Last update: 2006-02-04 00:55    [W:0.020 / U:1.432 seconds]