SubjectRe: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) (was: Rationale for RLIMIT_MEMLOCK?)
Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@linux01.gwdg.de> wrote:

> >> I am currently able to properly write all sorts of CD-R/RW and DVD±R/RW,
> >> DVD-DL with no problems using
> >> cdrecord -dev=/dev/hdb
> >> it _currently_ works, no matter how ugly or not this is from either Jörg's
> >> or any other developer's POV - therefore it's fine from the end-user's POV.
> >
> >How did you manage to burn a dual layer disc? I have been completely
> >unsuccessful at doing this at all. :(
> >

> You have to add -driver=mmc_dvdplusr , because the Dual Layer discs are
> not yet in the ProDVD database as it seems.

They are if you use a halfway recent cdrecord.

> userwhat? You mean supplemental groups as printed by id(1)? I find them
> ugly, because it's a real hassle to manage it with files.
>
> In the past, NGROUPS_MAX also was 32, being more of a limit than today.

If you extend NGROUPS_MAX to be more than 16, NFS AUTH_UNIX will not work
anymore.

And BTW: using NGROUPS seems to be a bit outdated now, more than 10 years after
ACLs have been introduced on UNIX.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)