    Subject[Announce] mountlo 0.5 - Loopback mounting in userspace
    I'm proud to announce a new version of my pet project 'mountlo', a
    utility which works similarly to 'mount -o loop', but the filesystem
    runs entirely in userspace.

    While arguably it is quite useless, I like it because it combines some
    of my favorite technologies (Linux, UML and FUSE) with very little
    additional glue code.

    o safe mounting of filesystem images for unprivileged users
    o all disk-filesystem types supported in a single binary

    What's new since 0.2:

    o support for partitioned disk images
    o support for mount options
    o error reporting both from mount and the kernel
    o achieves reasonable performance using SKAS0 mode of UML
    o verbose and debug modes

    An i386 binary (2MB) is available at:

    Requirements for running the binary are:

    - FUSE kernel module. Since 2.6.14, this is included in mainline
    - FUSE utilities (at least version 2.2).

    Compiling from source needs the following components:

    - Linux-2.6.15 kernel source
    - FUSE-2.5 or later devel package (or source installation)

    Comments and bug reports are welcome.

      Last update: 2006-02-27 16:13    [W:0.018 / U:29.976 seconds]