    SubjectRe: creating live virtual files by concatenation
    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Peter Foldiak wrote:

    > "sub-file" corresponding to a key-range. Writing a chapter should change the
    > book that the chapter is part of. That is what would make it really valuable.
    > Of course it would have all sorts of implications (e.g. for metadata for each
    > part) that need to be thought about, but it could be done properly, I think.

    What happens if you read the first 10kB of a file,
    and one of the "chapters" behind your read cursor

    Do you read part of the same data again when you
    continue reading?

    Does the read cursor automatically advance?

    Your idea changes the way userspace expects files
    to behave...

    All Rights Reversed

      Last update: 2006-02-25 23:41    [W:0.019 / U:13.612 seconds]