    SubjectRe[2]: creating live virtual files by concatenation
    Hello Jesper

    Saturday, February 25, 2006, 7:52:06 PM, you wrote:

    > On 2/25/06, Rik van Riel <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
    >> > Code files, DNS zones, configuration files, HTML code. We are still
    >> > dealing with lots of text files today.
    >> You say it like it's a bad thing, but in truth I suspect
    >> people often deal with text files because they're EASY
    >> to manipulate through scripts, etc.
    Well, I did not mean to sound like that. My emphasis should have been
    on that it sometimes is tiresome. I have no problems with plain text
    files, I still am a human being, not an binary/XML parser or whatever :-D

    > I can imagine quite a mess if I open a file that is really a view of
    > several files and then start manipulating text in it across "actual
    > file" boundaries that could blow up easily.
    Well, I meant that file to be read-only. Just a quick concatentated view
    for reading.

    Best regards,

      Last update: 2006-02-25 20:36    [W:0.020 / U:69.776 seconds]