SubjectRe[2]: creating live virtual files by concatenation
Hello Jesper

Saturday, February 25, 2006, 7:52:06 PM, you wrote:

> On 2/25/06, Rik van Riel <> wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
>> > Code files, DNS zones, configuration files, HTML code. We are still
>> > dealing with lots of text files today.
>> You say it like it's a bad thing, but in truth I suspect
>> people often deal with text files because they're EASY
>> to manipulate through scripts, etc.
Well, I did not mean to sound like that. My emphasis should have been
on that it sometimes is tiresome. I have no problems with plain text
files, I still am a human being, not an binary/XML parser or whatever :-D

> I can imagine quite a mess if I open a file that is really a view of
> several files and then start manipulating text in it across "actual
> file" boundaries that could blow up easily.
Well, I meant that file to be read-only. Just a quick concatentated view
for reading.

Best regards,