    SubjectRe: creating live virtual files by concatenation
    hi, I think it is a good idea but there has been quite a long discusion of
    this issue on the reiserfs-list (some of it also on lkml) in the last few
    years, with the latest posts in May 2005 I think, most of ithem with the
    "file as directory" subject . The idea was if you have e.g. a "book"
    directory/file (object) and chapters within it, then the default action of
    "book" object when read as a file would be to give a concatenation of the
    chapter objects within it. There should be ways of specifying non-default
    actions for the objects too. There has also been a lot a resistance here to
    this idea, as it is quite a radical change to the concept of the conventional
    unstructured, serial "file". (I don't believe these are good reason not to
    try the idea at least.)
    Read those mails first. Peter

    On Saturday 25 February 2006 14:37, Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
    > I have this idea about creating sort of a virtual file.

      Last update: 2006-02-25 18:44    [W:0.020 / U:160.024 seconds]