    SubjectRe: Which is simpler? (Was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.)

    > > > 2) shrink_all_memory() should be fixed. It should not really return if
    > > > there are more pages freeable.
    > >
    > > Well, that would be a long-run solution. However, until it's fixed we can
    > > use a workaround IMHO. ;-)
    > Isn't trying to free as much memory as you can the wrong solution anyway? I
    > mean, that only means that the poor system has more pages to fault back in at
    > resume time, before the user can even begin to think about doing anything
    > useful. You might be able to say "Every machine that suspend2 works on,
    > swsusp works on", but the later will be a pretty sad definition of works!

    We are trying to catch a bug here. suspend2 or not, it is a bug and it
    should be fixed (or at least understood).

    [Also please try to tone down your messages. Your suspend2 may be more
    user-friendly, you do not want to start that flamewar again, do you?
    Saying "don't bother fixing that" is not nice thing to do.]
    Web maintainer for ( wanted...

      Last update: 2006-02-25 00:56    [W:0.020 / U:127.292 seconds]