SubjectRe: 2.6.16-rc4-mm2
On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 03:10:02AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> - Sam's new section-mismatch warning code detects 358 errors in my alpha
> build, and a quick sampling indicates that they're real. Once this hits
> mainline things will get somewhat messy.
To put credits right I just ported the functionality of the two scripts
developed by Keith Owens ( and
to modpost so the check is run each time moduels are build. All errors
introduced in the process are mine.
The scripts are kept for now so one can double check.

I had in mind to fix some of the easier ones but work is hindering it

For now it gives a warning when a drivers uses module_parm_array() and
uses __initdata for parameters. This is a false warning - at least if
sysfs attribute is '0'. Hope to look into this later.