    SubjectRe: Areca RAID driver remaining items?
    On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 11:59:50AM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
    > On Iau, 2006-02-23 at 17:50 +0800, erich wrote:
    > > But unfortunately I found some mainboards will hang up if I always enable
    > > this function in my lab.
    > > To avoid this issue, I do an option for this case.
    > >
    > > But Christoph Hellwig give me comment with it.
    > Another thing you can also do for many of these cases is to use either
    > the PCI or DMI interfaces to identify the problem board and
    > automatically set the option as well.
    > There are two ways to do this. One is

    Please avoid that unless really nessecary. I doubt there's boards where
    MSI would only be broken with the areca card but not with other MSI-capable
    ones. If a board or chipset is generally broken vs MSI it should be
    added to the global MSI blacklist. It's probably be nice to have a global
    nomsi boot option instead of one in every driver aswell..

      Last update: 2006-02-24 17:59    [W:0.022 / U:14.084 seconds]