    SubjectRe: Status of X86_P4_CLOCKMOD?
    On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 12:55:30AM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
    > On Friday 24 February 2006 00:33, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > > EMBEDDED is the wrong option, since the semantics of embedded is "show
    > > more options to allow additional space savings". It is not and should
    > > not be abused as an option to hide random options from users.
    > I disagree. And I originally added most EMBEDDED users to the kernel.
    > The purpose I added it for was to hide options that only useful
    > for a very limited userbase but cause big or subtle trouble when set
    > wrong. P4_CLOCKMOD clearly qualifies.

    This matches neither the description of the EMBEDDED option nor all
    other usages in the kernel I have seen until now.

    We need an additional option for such cases, but overloading EMBEDDED
    with more than one meaning is definitely not a good idea.

    > -Andi

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

      Last update: 2006-02-24 03:42    [W:0.019 / U:46.804 seconds]