    SubjectRe: [OT] portable Makefiles (was: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest))
    Date
    On Thursday 23 February 2006 11:56, Joerg Schilling wrote:
    > "D. Hazelton" <dhazelton@enter.net> wrote:
    > > > Smake helps to find non-portable code, this is something completely
    > > > different!
    > >
    > > Umm - Joerg, you just stepped on your own toes there. A makefile
    > > validator does exactly that - helps people find non-portable code. You're
    > > fighting a losing battle when you claim one thing then say something that
    > > proves it false.
    >
    > Wrong: a CD box with Suse or Redhat Linux may act as a door stop.
    >
    > Does this make it a doorstop?

    If you decide to use it as such, yes. I have actually done such in the past,
    since I needed to find some use for the box once the media was removed.

    And anyway, you did state, as pointed out by someone else, that "smake may be
    used as a Makefile validator" Since you advertise such a fact - that it works
    as a Makefile validator - does that not make it such?

    I realize you'll just deny it and don't know why I bother even looking in the
    folder your mails get sorted into. Maybe I just have a masochistic streak...

    DRH

      Last update: 2006-02-23 21:50    [W:0.023 / U:33.612 seconds]