    SubjectRe: Git via a proxy server?
    On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:44:23 -0500 Salyzyn, Mark wrote:

    > Rsync protocol for git is not working for some reason when I pick up the
    > trees; apparently others share my experience. So I switched to the git
    > protocol. I can pick up the trees via git if I am outside Adaptec's
    > network, but inside I need to go through the proxy server.

    I have successfully used transconnect
    ( for tunnelling git
    protocol through a HTTP proxy (squid in my case) supporting the CONNECT

    Git also supports the GIT_PROXY_COMMAND environment variable (or
    core.gitproxy config option), through which you can specify a program to
    be run instead of connecting to a TCP port - then you can use netcat for
    connecting through proxy; however, I have not tried this.

    Note: most HTTP proxy servers allow CONNECT method to a very limited
    range of ports, and administrators will need to enable the git port
    (9418) explicitly.
      Last update: 2006-02-23 15:13    [W:0.019 / U:6.748 seconds]