    SubjectRe: softlockup interaction with slow consoles
    From
    From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@redhat.com>
    Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 04:09:58 -0500 (EST)

    > i changed soft lockup detection to be turned off during bootup. That
    > should work around any boot-time warnings.

    Excellent.

    > (if this can happen on a booted up system then the real fix would indeed
    > be to split up register_console()'s workload - that would also make it
    > more preemption-friendly. But at first sight it looks quite complex to
    > do.)

    Agreed. I thought about buffering in the slow console driver itself
    but that's bad because if it's a crash message we might not get the
    events (interrupts, or whatever) in order to make forward progress
    printing out the buffer, and thus we'd lose the valuable messages.

      Last update: 2006-02-21 10:19    [W:0.023 / U:87.852 seconds]