    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] remove the CONFIG_CC_ALIGN_* options
    On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 11:36:54PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > I don't see any use case for the CONFIG_CC_ALIGN_* options:
    > - they are only available if EMBEDDED
    > - people using EMBEDDED will most likely also enable
    > - the default for -Os is to disable alignment
    > In case someone is doing performance comparisons and discovers that the
    > default settings gcc chooses aren't good, the only sane thing is to
    > discuss whether it makes sense to change this, not through offering
    > options to change this locally.

    I leave it to other to judge if this is wortwhile or not - I have no
    numbers to back up either with or without.
    It is though a nice cleaning effort in the Makefile.

    But if we back-out this then cc-option-aling should go as well,
    including description in Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt

      Last update: 2006-02-21 18:59    [W:0.019 / U:44.776 seconds]