    Joerg, I've been thinking about your report about Linux munging CDB's sent to
    certian ATAPI devices. While reading the MMC-5 spec again today (my memory of
    it was starting to fail and I felt I had best be on top of it in this
    discussion) a statement made about sending SCSI commands to ATAPI devices
    caught me.

    ATAPI command packets are fixed at a 12 byte size. Is it possible you tried to
    send a CDB in excess of that fixed size re: those drives that get a munged
    CDB?

    Just a thought...

    DRH

      Last update: 2006-02-21 05:14    [W:0.027 / U:31.516 seconds]