    On 2/2/06, Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
    > "Jim Crilly" <jim@why.dont.jablowme.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I see the same thing with, the only external kernel patch I have
    > > applied is Suspend2. The ATA scanbus code tries to
    > > open("/dev/hda", O_RDWR|O_NONBLOCK|O_EXCL) and that fails, and since
    >
    > This is not cdrecord but a bastardized version......

    True enough, but it would work great if you'd fix that bug
    that makes cdrecord give up while scanning. I guess
    that's one more patch Debian will be applying.

    Using O_EXCL is kind of broken, because you'll need to
    retry any failures, but that's life. You hacked cdrecord to
    properly interact with the Solaris volume manager. You
    can do the same for HAL.

    Giving up while scanning is a problem for other reasons.
    Let me introduce you to SE Linux. One can have RAWIO
    capability, RT capability, mlock() capability, and still not
    have the right to access all devices. You might not even
    be able to get stat() to succeed, but you could burn a CD
    if you use the correct device file.

      Last update: 2006-02-03 03:31    [W:0.021 / U:0.836 seconds]