    SubjectRe: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.
    On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 05:29:40PM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
    > Follow up - do we have a rough idea how bad the suspend problem is, like
    > approximately what % of laptops don't DTRT and just suspend when you
    > close the lid?

    None of the Dells we use at work (various models) handle suspend (both
    ram and disk) reliably. Got everything from not resuming when pushing
    the button (PWRF not giving an ACPI event while PWRC does), screen not
    coming back (as usual), system not coming back the second time (go
    figure) or resume eating up / from time to time. At that point people
    there are buying Macs.

    I'm going to get a sacrificial (but modern) dell laptop in a month or
    two. I'll try to make things actually reliable on that one, including
    video. I don't have great hopes though.

    'course the current state of the drm/fb interaction is yet another can
    of worms, one in a good way of being solved though.

    [1] Reverse engineering is one of my hobbies

      Last update: 2006-02-03 02:51    [W:0.020 / U:7.376 seconds]