SubjectRe: 8250 serial console fixes -- issue
Date

On Feb 2, 2006, at 2:05 AM, Kumar Gala wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2006, at 11:54 PM, Kumar Gala wrote:

>>> I wonder if I've swapped one race for another. Can you revert
>>> just the
>>> line which forces THRI on and test with the rest of the change
>>> please.
>>
>> This doesn't seem to help.
>
> I realized a bit later that the kernel I build with your suggested
> change wasn't the one I was testing. After loading the proper
> kernel this does make the issue I was seeing go away.

After some further testing with this change, the majority of issues I
was seeing go away. However, able to lock the console up. If I
revert the wait_for_xmitr() to always use BOTH_EMPTY the lock up goes
away. (Obviously, this is effectively reverting the whole patch).

- kumar

  Last update: 2006-02-02 18:12    [W:0.045 / U:0.324 seconds]